What are they?
Cookies are text files that can be placed and stored on your computer’s hard drive by the Website owner / web server when you visit a website. Cookies enable users to navigate around websites, record which areas have been visited and for how long to help the browsing experience. Where appropriate they also enable us to tailor the website’s content to fit the needs of visitors who have accessed the Website in the past. You can find more information about cookies at:www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
- to monitor and manage website traffic
- if required as a matter of law or regulation, to protect our or our other customers’ rights
- for login purposes
- to enable us to remember preferences, track visitors and target adverts; and
- to make the browsing experience on the Website more efficient and enjoyable for the visitor.
- We use both our own (first-party) and partner companies' (third-party) cookies to support these activities.
Can you opt out from permitting cookies?
Yes, users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive Cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features or services available on our site. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, for more information about how to block cookies and/or delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.